Who: A $38B American multinational corporation, one of the world’s largest and highest valued semiconductor chip makers.
What: Supplier Management/Project Management for Capital Equipment Re-Use in China
Results: ~$21M+ cost avoidance versus new equipment. Improved schedule performance and recovery. Rapid responses to changing requirements.
- Real time status updates allowed rapid schedule recovery
- VPMO freed up 5 client purchasing reps to work other priorities
- Increased coordination and cooperation between supplier and client
How: Regional Virtual Program Management Office and Supplier Coordination Intervention
- Established a Virtual Enterprise Program Management Office
- Provided Program Manager, Scheduler, and Coordinator services
- Provided a SAAS based enterprise wide project management system
- Coordinated the work of 26 suppliers with multiple internal departments across 300+ projects
- Coordination and facilitation of supplier planning meetings
- Audit, conversion, de-installation scheduling and coordination
- Integrated project plan development for each tool through RDD
- Monitoring of project execution, performance, and issue escalation
- Integrated change control