SEMICONDUCTOR WAFER FAB $200M DELAY COST AVOIDANCE
Who: $6B French-Italian multinational electronics and semiconductor manufacturer- Europe’s largest semiconductor chip maker.
What: New Factory Production Ramp across France and Singapore. Confoe engagement began when project was 52 days behind schedule in France
Results: $200M in delay cost avoidance savings. Delays reduced by 60%. Thirty-one out of fifty-two days recovered. Supported ramp across a three-year period and enabled schedule pull in when manufacturing need date changed.5 phases of the ramp in ST Russett. Three phases of the ramp of new fab in Singapore.
How: Multi-Region Virtual Program Management Office and Supplier Coordination Intervention
- Established a Virtual Enterprise Program Management Office
- Provided Program Manager, Scheduler, and Coordinator services
- Provided a SAAS based enterprise wide project management system
- Developed and deployed a customized point of origin user interface for status updates and reporting
- High performance change management and transformation best practices
- Coordination across 12 equipment suppliers and multiple trade organizations